Friday, December 7, 2012

Working in the Jardin

Even for Mexico the weather has been unusually warm. It was 81 yesterday when I decided to work in the garden. I was pruning and cleaning up when one of my cats was meowing up a storm. I kept telling him to stop and be quiet. He was looking up at something and and I thought he was trying to get a bug. This is usually what they do and then they give them to me as gifts.  So I walk over to the area where the cat was to prune this big bougainvillaea. I look up to begin pruning and I said "Holy &%$# there's a snake". I quickly moved away. At this point I am not sure of its size except it was fairly thick. So I begin to look for the head and the tail and I then I realize this think is big. I tell my wife and she comes out to look at it also and we decide to call the department of ecologia to remove this creature. By now the snake starts moving and I realize it is about 3 feet long and I can tell it is not a rattle snake, Thank God. It looks like it is going to go over the wall to my neighbors house. I then knock on their door but I get no answer. Wow here comes the two guys from ecologia and for the next 30 minutes they managed to capture and bag the creature. At this point I decided not to finish working in the garden today.



No comments:

Post a Comment